Thursday 31 July 2014

Commonweath games story

MY COMMONWEATH GAMES SWIMMING STORY!

As they gained on me I swam harder and harder. Here I was at the Commonwealth Games swimming in the 400m freestyle, my dream since I was 8. Ten years later I finally achieved my goal as the youngest in the event at only 18 years old against world champs.  Here was the last 50 meters and I swam my hardest I ever had in my life. My legs kicked so hard that they felt like they were going to turn into jelly, only another 10 meters and I was sure to get a medal.  1, 2, 3, As I touched the edge of the pool I could hear cheering pounding around my head, I had won a gold medal!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Ella
    I really like your story. It is so interesting. I really like the picture too. But next time you need to put your WALT.
    Bye Bye
    Holly

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.